Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Endings......New Beginnings


We had a happy ending in Thailand.....not the kind you get at the massage places, but our own Girls World Tour happy ending. It was a perfect way for Molly and I to end our 3 month "travelling" adventure with some time "vacationing" with family and friends.


Our travel time has been epic, adventuresome and went amazingly without disasterous incident or illness or mother/daughter wars. I am feeling very thankful and blessed to have had this moment in time to experience the richness of life on the road. It was a big plan, a chance of a lifetime and often hard work, but the choice to make it happen will never be regretted. As dear Maryann says, "you never regret what you do, only what you don't do". Well, I may have a couple things I have done that I regret, but they are tiny in the scope of all the regrets I do not have.


As we sit in the London airport, awaiting our flight to Seattle, I am reflecting on all the things we have done and looking at all the pictures we have taken and remembering all the new friends we have met. I believe Molly has grown in this time in many ways and I think the travels and memories will be worth more to her in a lifetime than a quarter at college. And lucky me, I was there too.


Both of us return to start a new time in our lives. Molly will move into WWU the day after we return and registers for classes and starts her higher education learning as soon as we get back. I return to a change in lifestyle with no more kids at home and a new, all most full-time, job. I have some fear about the future, but also welcome what ever comes with an open mind and an optimistic attitude.......one door closes, a new door opens, happy endings and new beginnings.