Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lausanne Marathon







When I told Molly about the Marathon in Lausanne, she wanted to do it~or atleast the ¼ marathon. Mikael wanted to do it to……so did I, but I knew I would collapse. I elected to be official bag holder and photographer.

Events like that are so fun, so exhilarating and just exciting to participate in or watch. They both did great, finished with a ribbon and got a t-shirt…….this was after a night partying and getting 4 hours of sleep and drinking Red Bull. Imagine if they would have prepared…..they probably could have done the ½.
Jose stayed home and cooked all day. Actually two days. He cooked a beef ragout of sorts. He was greatly disappointed in the results, but we thought it was great, especially after piling gruyere cheese on top. With all the cheese, bread and pastries we have been having, I am actually surprised to be needing a belt. I guess not washing your jeans probably just results in very stretched out ones.

We say our good-byes to Mikael, as he is back to school in the morning. He has been a wonderful host, showing us around his great country and taking us in like family. Hugs, three kisses on the cheeks (the Suisse way) and he is gone. We don’t know when we will see him again.