Thursday, October 15, 2009

Montpellier, France~the curse








We taxied in to Montpellier and randomly searched for a cheap hotel near the train station. Found one, cheap, yes, heat no, water pressure no, third floor yes, free wifi yes. After whining a bit, the receptionist carried my bag up for me.........
Great location, right close to the center of the historical part of the city. Plenty of restaurants, shopping, people watching and more old architecture......something had clicked in Palavas Les Flots.....boredom maybe. The shopping bug attacked both Molly and I at the same time. So, we headed out shopping.
We have absolutely no room in our packs. Molly is even in more trouble than me and I am carrying all the hardware and bathroom stuff.......she way overpacked......thus, my justification for being able to buy something new. For the girls back home, the Parisienne trend is back to leggings, boots and long shirts, dresses or skirts over top........blousy, uneven hems, drab colors, and tons of scarfs. I have always loved scarves anyways, but now I think it is attributable to my prior life as a french aristocrat wanna be. Regardless, I transformed at least one of my ragged looks to a new, fresh me. Leggings, boots and a blousy, drab colored dress and scarf. As my french gets better, I will definitely blend in more. Molly is now wearing tight, straight legged black jeans and a belt! The boots are coming and we are still searching.
Molly and I are great shoppers together. I have either taught her well, or cursed her with a terrible habit.