Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Massage Humor





























Cookie and I work up a plan for our final day in Bangkok that involves less time in the van. Travelling taking into account 3 additional people is definitely more challenging than what I have been used to the last three months. I tend to go into the caretaker role trying to make sure everyone is happy instead of letting everybody fend for themselves…..however, I have to say this group is pretty easy going and agreeable and as long as they are fed often, they are great.

We did a Bangkok errand and picked up my tailored suit and dress. We went back to the King’s Palace so Zach and Noel could get an ounce of culture and see the Thai buildings and the Jade Buddha. The five of us took a tuk tuk to the market on Khoa Sung Road (or something like that) to go shopping (again).

But the best part of the day was getting a massage. All five of us, Cookie, Molly, Noel, Zach and I got massages all at once and all in the same room….actually, the boys on one side of the curtain and the girls on the other…….if you know the boys and their humor, you might imagine some of the lines being said:

· Don’t worry, it is not contagious
· I don’t want anybody touching my feet
· I’m ticklish
· I thought I was suppose to take my boxers off
· I am not afraid of physical contact
· The curry is kicking in
· I win the “white ass” award

I can’t say it was the most relaxing massage I have had in Thailand, but it sure was the most fun.

Risking our lives, we hired tuk tuks to take us across town to where we were going to go to some Thai Boxing that night. We found it was the only thing in Bangkok that wasn’t dirt cheap, so we decided to go to a nearby night market for dinner and shopping (again). When we walked into the market area, Molly and I perked back up and Noel and Zach had the “oh no, here we go again” look in their eyes. Needless to say, we skipped more shopping and just had a great dinner in the big hall food court with a half liter of beer.

Late this night, we all pack up our stuff at the Bangkok house and head to Surin, the town where Cookie lives with her parents in their real house. It is a 5 hour drive and we will get there at about 4 am. That is the benefit of a driver, for sure.