Sunday, November 8, 2009

Molly's 19th BirthDAY, in Vienna, Austria






















Molly thought she was going to be in Venice on her birthday. Oops again. And I am not letting her sleep all day today! We have plans girl, get up!

This is Sunday. We are going to church. This may be the first time I have gone to church with Molly on a Sunday morning since she was nursing. But I got tickets to hear the Vienna Boys Choir in Vienna! To do this, we are going to church and we are paying the big dollars to do so. The church is small and very ornate, very Catholic, very dogmatic. The service is in German. There are as many people involved in lighting candles, singing, swaying the urns of incense, leading prayer as there are people in the audience. I am sure it was all very symbolic and enlightening to the participants. To me, it was ''religulous". I was annoyed that they came around collecting donations after we paid for tickets already. I was glad they had the incense going, as Molly had bad gas.

When the boys choir started, all my grumbles subsided. The voices of these young boys was more spiritual than the service. The soprano range of a 10 year old........awe inspiring. The beautiful harmonic melody of the group brought tears to my eyes. It was worth going to church for.

After a Starbucks, we went next to the Lippinzer Stallion performance. These majestic, beautiful white horses are raised in Slovakia and trained in the traditional Spanish method of horse ballet here in Vienna. They prance with high steps, sometimes in place, sometimes at a trott, sometimes sideways. Together eight of them wove in and out of each other. Some would jump magically in the air or stand on their hind legs......the beautiful, powerful body of these animals. Unfortunately, we could take no pictures.

I had a good birthDAY with Molly. We will see what the birthday NIGHT brings..........